Subscribe:

Monday 30 July 2012

Visit to Lavender Fields

Very educational and perhaps useful trip, we have learnt a great deal about growing lavender plants and distillation of lavender oil using simple still with Liebig condenser and clever oil separator. I am really excited about possibility of building small home still for distillation of essential oils, perhaps is a project for next winter.

First thing first, I have to build shed on our allotment. This is quite a big project and I am not very confident about it. Original plan was to build it entirely from old shipping pallets, unfortunately I have rather stupidly dismantled about 4 pallets when we just got the allotment and now I do not have enough of them for walls. Anyway I will try to put together floor and what I can it terms of walls and try to resource more pallets this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment